Saturday, December 22, 2012

Polar Express Train Ride


About to watch the show and then board the train
Kennan looking out train window


Conductor punches tickets

Punches Kyler's ticket

Don't lose your ticket!

Daddy keeping Kennan warm




Kyler getting a bell from Santa

Kennan with Grandma Hood

Kennan with Mommy on train ride
After all the excitement at school, we continued the festivities into the evening with a North Pole Express train ride at the Historic Grapevine Railroad. For all intents and purposes it was the "Polar Express" which had been eagerly anticipated for a full month. Grandma and Papa Hood were able to come too, which made for a really special evening! The kids wore their PJs and robes (just like the actual movie). Kyler had extra special train pajamas I had surprised him with at home. There was a show prior to boarding the train with live singing and dancing and then we walked through a maze of Christmas trees with snow machines blowing on us. That added some extra magic I think, as it was actual snow, not fake flakes. Once on the train, Jamie took a seat by an open/missing window, which I thought would be a little too chilly for the kids, but it seem to add to the sensory effect of the train ride. I grabbed some seats that would be a little warmer and so the kids could take refuge if needed. Santa visited us while we were riding and handed out little bells (also like the movie). I asked Kyler his favorite part of the Polar Express experience and he replied "going over bridges" and the "signal lights." We ended the night by heading to Cracker Barrel for dinner. Overall, it was an exhausting but fun experience for all!