It was a very, very LONG day for all of us. Kyler started the morning going golf cart riding around the grounds at the La Cantera Westin where my parents stayed the previous night (they got upgraded to a Casita!). I spent several hours trying to get him to nap b/c he was so tired once they got back. After a run around the block he still wasn't going to nap and I gave up. Time to put costumes on for the neighborhood costume parade. Kyler was a puppy dog and Kennan was a lady bug (just for a few minutes, as she hated it). It was very hot and I was worried about Kyler over heating in his dog suit. He did great though and Jamie pulled him in the red wagon along the parade route. We had an hour to burn before we needed to leave for a neighbor friend's block party, complete with cookies galore and a bounce house. Once there, Kyler had a blast with the other kids and chasing around a cat, which was adorable in his puppy suit. I should have You Tubed it. Oh well. Meanwhile, Grandma Roth, Aunt Jeanne, Uncle Mike, and Grandpa Roth passed out Halloween candy to the thousands of neighborhood kids (and bussed in non-neighborhood kids). It was exhausting, but successful! Thanks everyone for visiting and helping so much.
Monday, November 1, 2010
Halloween 2010
It was a very, very LONG day for all of us. Kyler started the morning going golf cart riding around the grounds at the La Cantera Westin where my parents stayed the previous night (they got upgraded to a Casita!). I spent several hours trying to get him to nap b/c he was so tired once they got back. After a run around the block he still wasn't going to nap and I gave up. Time to put costumes on for the neighborhood costume parade. Kyler was a puppy dog and Kennan was a lady bug (just for a few minutes, as she hated it). It was very hot and I was worried about Kyler over heating in his dog suit. He did great though and Jamie pulled him in the red wagon along the parade route. We had an hour to burn before we needed to leave for a neighbor friend's block party, complete with cookies galore and a bounce house. Once there, Kyler had a blast with the other kids and chasing around a cat, which was adorable in his puppy suit. I should have You Tubed it. Oh well. Meanwhile, Grandma Roth, Aunt Jeanne, Uncle Mike, and Grandpa Roth passed out Halloween candy to the thousands of neighborhood kids (and bussed in non-neighborhood kids). It was exhausting, but successful! Thanks everyone for visiting and helping so much.